We are hiring: Multimedia Communications officer
Deadline: 30 May - Full time with possible work from home options.
About Sysy House of Fame
Sysy House of Fame is an organization that contributes to Sustainable Development by harnessing the potentials of Arts, Culture, and Technology. We are a people-centered organization that believes in using innovative and creative approaches to global issues. We support people to be at the center of change while building a prosperous and peaceful world. We inspire people to dare to create the change they want. To do this, we use different forms of artistic expressions to enhance the 16 Sustainable Development Goals, thus promoting various forms of Artistic expressions, training and Development becomes a key part of our work.
For the past 3 years, we have been able to create footprints in the Arts and Culture industry and also in the development sector. We have registered remarkable success and have created a strong partnership with both local and international organizations. We are looking to improve how we show the work we do to the world and how we engage with our audiences and different stakeholders by improving the quality and quantity and channels of distribution of our works. Our stakeholders include Donors, Beneficiaries, supporters, partners, and well-wishers. Thus Social media, Media, and Audiovisual representation become an integral part of our 2022 – 2024 strategy.
The Multimedia Officer will project manage, gather and produce high-quality story content such as audiovisual, written pieces, and social media content while aligning with brand identity and upholding the highest standards of ethics.
· Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
· Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, newsletters, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products, and/or services.
· Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
Maximizes opportunities for the organization
to be featured in various types of media messages.
· Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
Audiovisuals (Social media and TV)
· Produce video and graphics content to support the strategic vision and activities of SHF.
· Devise a timed plan for shooting and editing the required videos; possibly Film video, possibly Broll footage.
· Edit the videos, apply sound mixing and color correction, and add text and visuals to enhance the content delivery.
· Produce short animated videos.
· Identify, edit, and upload new content for SHF social media platforms including text, photos, and videos.
· Do paid advertising
· Support the work of other departments in researching, collecting, editing, and uploading content on the SHF website including photos, videos, and voices of key experts and affected people, and staff of Sysy House of Fame.
· Help convert our brand fans into loyal customers with engaging, responsive, responsible, surprising, and captivating social media interactions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS.
At least Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
Creativity and ability to adapt to innovations
Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in a communications role.
Knowledge of online design tools such as Canva etc
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills including the ability to send professional emails
Excellent Planning, time management, and organizational skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Skilled in Audiovisual editing tools
Adequate knowledge of Hootsuite
How to apply
Send an email with the following to email@example.com
Cover letter showing why you are the best candidate for this job and what value you bring to the organization.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Recently added Clause
The field of study at the university does not really matter to us. We are looking for passionate professionals with the skills.
The final candidate will be the professional who comes across as creative, a go-getter, works under pressure, is willing to learn, and is excited to be immersed in the world of Arts and development.