As a small but rapidly growing Arts and Culture organization, we are looking for an Advocacy & Communications Officer to support the visibility of the work we do, initiate and lead campaigns. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Art and Culture space, a background in advocacy, and expertise in storytelling across communications platforms. This position will play a key role for SHF in developing and overseeing the creation of a strategy, activities, and both daily and long-term goals for SHF’s advocacy work and communications / media work. This role will bring strategic, creative, and critical thinking, and embrace working both independently and collaboratively with a team as well as partner organisations and allies. This is a full time position with possibility of travel.
The Communications and Advocacy Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work to increase SHF’s online presence through planning, creating and curating high-quality, high-impact content tailored to Sysy House of Fame channels and audiences.
- Oversees social media platforms, preparation of social media content, and assessment of key metrics regarding the work we do.
- Help develop effective communications strategies to increase the visibility of Sysy House of Fame.
- In charge of the creation, formatting, and distribution of regular email newsletters and email updates, reports, fact sheets etc
- Oversees the production of website content
- Support online fundraising campaigns, particularly related to different programmes
- Organise and manage events to support branding, be a photographer/videographer and capture stories.
- Improve SHF’s branding across multiple platforms
- Initiate and lead different campaigns
- Design key campaign messages
- Prepare and disseminate campaign materials
- Evaluate and improve processes, messages and campaigns.
Partner relations and coordination
- Proactively support partner engagement, including with local and international NGOs, humanitarian and human rights coalitions, academic institutions, think tanks, and more, having similar interests as us.
- If necessary, represent SHFl in coalitions, working groups or events related to the work we do, ensuring that participation reflects the perspective of SHF’s field experience and key policy priorities.
Media & Events
- Manage media relations, including building relationships with media contacts, building SHF’s media list, and proactively securing media opportunities regarding our work.
- Draft press releases and op-eds, in collaboration
- Work with individual journalists to build relationships, pitch stories, and offer quotes.
- Support the development and hosting of online events, which highlight SHF’s programs and advocacy positioning, ensuring key decision makers and stakeholders are present.
The Advocacy & Communications Officer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Master’s degree in corporate communications, Public relations, Digital Communications or any related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with significant years of experience can be accepted
- At least 3 years of work experience focused on advocacy, communications.
- Experience in media relations, including drafting and pitching op-eds and stories to top tier media outlets.
- Experience in managing social media and creating content for online platforms.
- Experience in design and digital marketing platforms, including Adobe, canva.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to analyze and articulate complex issues and to communicate them to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and to adjust to frequently changing demands.
- Experience in working with International NGOs is also an asset
- Knowledge of and passion for Arts and Culture
- Fluent in English (French is a big plus)
How to apply
Send an email with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter showing why you are the best candidate for this job and what value you bring to the organization.