About Sysy House of Fame
Sysy House of Fame is an organization that contributes to Sustainable Development by harnessing the potential of Arts, Culture, and Technology. We are a people-centered organization that believes in using innovative and creative approaches to global issues. We support people to be at the center of change while building a prosperous and peaceful world. We inspire people to dare to create the change they want. To do this, we use different forms of artistic expression to enhance the 16 Sustainable Development Goals, thus promoting various forms of Artistic expression, training, and Development becomes a key part of our work.
For the past 4 years, we have been able to create footprints in the Arts and Culture industry and also in the development sector. We have registered remarkable success and have created a strong partnership with both local and international organizations. We are looking to improve our programmes development, management and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of programme strategies
- Management of programmes
- Administrative support to the CEO
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports implementation of the programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and implementation of programme/Projects, programmes strategies, and work plans including monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Collection, analysis, and presentation of information needed for programme development and implementation.
- Developing and implementing project communication strategies
- Assist in proper communication of Programme strategy through projects.
2. Provides effective support to the management of the programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Take charge of operational and financial management of responsible programmes/projects and ensure that necessary programme management and financial procedures are properly implemented.
- Track and report on programme implementation and fund utilisation.
- Presentation of information for audit and evaluation of the projects.
- Assist in the preparation, filing, compilation, and dissemination of documents/materials relating to the programme.
3. Provides administrative support to SHF focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provide logistics support for missions, events, and project-related workshops.
- Maintain good communication with other units with external counterparts at the working level.
- Assist in maintaining the project profile, including preparation of required budget revisions, creation of requisitions, making budget checks for requisitions, POs and vouchers, etc.
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
5. Other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership-building initiatives
Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Promoting Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding the position
Possesses basic knowledge of organisational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Client/Funding agency Orientation
Reports to clients/funding agency in a timely and appropriate fashion
Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client/funding agency needs and deadlines
Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with clients/funding agency
Respond to client/funding agency need promptly
Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Creating synergies through self-control
Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences and project subject related area would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative or programme experience;
Experience working with UN organizations/ agencies, governmental offices, and international organizations, preferred;
Good interpersonal and communication skills and teamwork spirit
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in English and French
Deadline: 28th February 2023
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. For further inquiries, you can call 672160556 – the hiring manager or office contact at 6881133400