Paid Traineeship Opening. Grants and Fundraising manager
https://sysyhouseoffame.org/ is an organization that contributes to Sustainable Development by harnessing the potential of Arts, Culture, and Sports. We are a people-centered organisation that believes in using innovative and creative approaches to global issues. We support people to be at the center of change while building a prosperous and peaceful world. We inspire people to dare to create the change they want. To do this effectively, we use sports and different forms of artistic expressions to enhance the Sustainable Development Goals, thus promoting various forms of Artistic expressions, training and Development becomes a key part of our work. Born in the heart of the ongoing armed conflict in Bamenda, Cameroon, we are prioritizing the wellbeing and development of children.
For the past 3 years, we have been able to create footprints in the Arts and Culture industry and also in the development sector. We have registered remarkable success and have created a strong partnership with both local and international organizations. We are looking to improve our fundraising and increase our outreach. The focus is on improving different fundraising mediums such as grants, and individual giving. Crowdfunding and developing new methods of fundraising.
Job Impact: Manager- Grants & Fundraising is expected to impact and influence the following critical areas
- Develop & implement a fundraising plan to grow and sustain income
- Develop strategic partnerships for fundraising
- Efficient management of all donor contracts
- Develop programs and quality proposals
Your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
- Conduct research and analysis of global donors to increase understanding of the donor environment around the work we do as well as long-term perspectives and preferences.
- Map and identify New donors – in consultation with the CEO, and other necessary team members – who could complement SHF’s work in any funding opportunity.
- Preparation and submission of good-quality grant applications.
- Develop and contribute to the fundraising strategy. A particular focus should be placed on larger multi-year grants.
- Generate grant income to meet costs and targets outlined in the fundraising strategy.
- Maintain excellent relationships with grant funders who are currently supporting the organization and develop new relationships with prospective funders.
- Prospect research of new funding opportunities to support smaller grant applications.
- Support the development of new projects or reshape existing projects to maximize funding potential.
- Line Management of one staff member and potentially room for future expansion.
Database and fundraising
- Maintain and support the development of an accurate database that informs reporting and activity associated with grant applications, funder management, and income targets.
- Use the database and other record-keeping to provide accurate and timely grant reports.
- Use database reporting to monitor and manage team targets.
- Develop awareness-raising and income generation activities.
- Identify other income generation sources which could contribute to SHF’s income.
- Play a proactive role in developing new fundraising campaigns and assist in their ongoing promotion.
– Past experience working in a similar capacity at a regional level
– Extremely strong communication, negotiation, and representational skills and ability to work with international organizations.
– great information analysis skills
– Knowledge of key funding issues and donor priorities in the field
Technical/ Job Related requirement for trainees
BSc in Development, Management, Marketing, Project Management and other related fields required.
Experience in working in an NGO
Ability to adapt to change, learn emerging trends in fundraising and develop solutions.
Highly creative and innvotive
Ability to influence actions
Technical/ Job Related requirement for Full time experts
– Significant experience in fundraising in a competitive environment and niche issue
– Experience in leading donor engagement
– Ability to work with a team of technical leaders working on priority themes of Arts, Culture, Sports, and the Sustainable Development goals.
– Good understanding of project design, project cycle management, and log frame development.
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of major bilateral donors, Trusts & Foundations, and a wide range of charities.
– Experience of working with at least 2 of the major donors prioritized by SHF (Foreign embassies in Cameroon, Goethe Institute, European Union, UN agencies, Open Society Foundation).
– Skills to train and support partners in developing resource mobilization strategy and the techniques of fundraising.
– Proven track record in contract management and donor servicing
– Strong numeracy skills, with an understanding of budgets and spreadsheets
– Results Orientation towards own and team’s role in line with organizational priorities, decisive, passion and drive for high-quality work
– Working with others, in a team environment, receiving and providing feedback, contributing to the team’s success, and managing conflicts if it occurs
– Leading Others by defining organizational and team vision, supporting the development of team members
– Self-Management, by demonstrating Integrity and credibility, leading by example, committed, knowledgeable, and confident on the job functions, and superior communication skills
– Language skills
Proficiency in English is required
Knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
Kindly send a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com / Tel: 681133400
Deadline: September 15th 2022.
Please note that applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.