Paid Traineeship Opening. Grants and Fundraising manager
Sysy House of Fame is an organization that contributes to Sustainable Development by harnessing the potential of Arts, Culture, and Sports. We are a people-centered organisation that believes in using innovative and creative approaches to global issues. We support people to be at the center of change while building a prosperous and peaceful world. We inspire people to dare to create the change they want. To do this effectively, we use sports and different forms of artistic expressions to enhance the Sustainable Development Goals, thus promoting various forms of Artistic expressions, training and Development becomes a key part of our work. Born in the heart of the ongoing armed conflict in Bamenda, Cameroon, we are prioritizing the wellbeing and development of children.
For the past 3 years, we have been able to create footprints in the Arts and Culture industry and also in the development sector. We have registered remarkable success and have created a strong partnership with both local and international organizations. We are looking to improve our fundraising and increase our outreach. The focus is on improving different fundraising mediums such as grants, and individual giving. Crowdfunding and developing new methods of fundraising.
Job Impact: Manager- Grants & Fundraising is expected to impact and influence the following critical areas
Your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
Database and fundraising
– Past experience working in a similar capacity at a regional level
– Extremely strong communication, negotiation, and representational skills and ability to work with international organizations.
– great information analysis skills
– Knowledge of key funding issues and donor priorities in the field
Technical/ Job Related requirement for trainees
BSc in Development, Management, Marketing, Project Management and other related fields required.
Experience in working in an NGO
Ability to adapt to change, learn emerging trends in fundraising and develop solutions.
Highly creative and innvotive
Ability to influence actions
Technical/ Job Related requirement for Full time experts
– Significant experience in fundraising in a competitive environment and niche issue
– Experience in leading donor engagement
– Ability to work with a team of technical leaders working on priority themes of Arts, Culture, Sports, and the Sustainable Development goals.
– Good understanding of project design, project cycle management, and log frame development.
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of major bilateral donors, Trusts & Foundations, and a wide range of charities.
– Experience of working with at least 2 of the major donors prioritized by SHF (Foreign embassies in Cameroon, Goethe Institute, European Union, UN agencies, Open Society Foundation).
– Skills to train and support partners in developing resource mobilization strategy and the techniques of fundraising.
– Proven track record in contract management and donor servicing
– Strong numeracy skills, with an understanding of budgets and spreadsheets
– Results Orientation towards own and team’s role in line with organizational priorities, decisive, passion and drive for high-quality work
– Working with others, in a team environment, receiving and providing feedback, contributing to the team’s success, and managing conflicts if it occurs
– Leading Others by defining organizational and team vision, supporting the development of team members
– Self-Management, by demonstrating Integrity and credibility, leading by example, committed, knowledgeable, and confident on the job functions, and superior communication skills
– Language skills
Proficiency in English is required
Knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
Kindly send a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 681133400
Deadline: September 15th 2022.
Please note that applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
We are driven by the passion to create a more peaceful and prosperous world. We believe that this can be achieved by giving everyone a voice and freedom to create the Future we want together.