Application Deadline August 17, 2021 at 11.59pm CAT
In commemoration of the World Photography Day 2021, the Sysy House of Fame is pleased to launch a photography competition. This competition seeks to bring out the creativity in photographers within Cameroon.
You are encouraged to submit your most powerful photos that illustrate creativity, inspiration, innovation and sustainability. Participants are equally obliged to use the following themes in their visual expressions.
- – Generations: You are open to take multi-generational photographs that tell a story
- – Hometown pride: Showcase what your community is known for, historical places and core values.
- – Seasonality: How beautifully can dry and rainy seasons be captured.
- – Moods and Emotions: Capture an emotion such as; happiness, anger, pride, sadness
- – Then and now: Create a now photo of people, structures, or roads that had existed before and are still present.
First Grand prize winner will receive a cash prize of 50,000fcfa and equally have their winning photograph showcased at an online exhibition platform.
Second winner will receive 35,000fcfa
Third winner will receive 20,000fcfa
RULES AND REGULATIONS
– Contest is open to professional and hobby photographers in Cameroon except employees of Sysy House of Fame.
– Must be following Sysy House of Fame on all social media platforms.
– Must be resident in Cameroon
– No age limit
– Contest begins August 11,2021 and ends August 17,2021 at 11.59pm CAT
– Entries are limited to two (5) photograph per theme.
– Entries should be 300dpi or more and should be 3000pixels or more
– The picture resolution should be high.
– Pictures should be sent in JPEG format
– Participants should attach Detailed basic information and a brief story that the picture tells.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION
– Submissions end on the 17/09/2021, online publications and voting on the 18/09/2021 and ends at 11.59pm.
– Participants with the highest likes and comments will then be accessed by a jury and judged on the following guidelines.
– Picture specifications are satisfied
– Theme, the picture should reflect chosen theme as specified above.
– Quality: The picture should be of high resolution and adequate editing
– Style: The picture should show creativity
– Focus: Picture should have a special focus
– Inspirational Power: The picture should show a visual appeal and overall impact.
– Winners will be announced on the World Photography Day 19/09/2021 at 2pm prompt.
COPYRIGHT OF ENTRANT PICTURES
– The photography will grant SHF unlimited access to use high resolution pictures for activities in all medias including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition and all promotional and educational activities without remunerations being due.
– Winners and other participants have the free will to donate to the “The Educate Her Now scholarship”