“Girls in Arts” is a project of Sysy house of Fame that is based on the on-going concern for gender mainstreaming. We seek equal opportunities in arts and to support girls through the challenges that come as a result of the feminine gender in the arts industry. We also seek to create opportunities that will empower girls in arts.
- Advocate for equal opportunity
- Fight against Gender Based Violence
- Fight against sexual harassment from the male folk in the creative industry and beyond
- Create opportunities to promote the girl child in Arts
- Assist each other in applying for opportunities
- Support each other through the challenges faced by girls in the industry
Any form of arts is welcomed
- Spoken words
- Film making
- Fashion designing
- Story telling etc
We are inviting young girls between the ages of 10 and 35 who are interested in this project to fill the form below for membership. We also encourage girls with disabilities to be a part.
To this effect, we are organising a workshop under the theme “Girls for the Goals” where we will be discussing on how Girls in Arts can contribute to Sustainable Development, Challenges faced by Girls in Arts and plan for an all girls film production.
Venue: Blue Pearl Hotel Bamenda
Entrance is free. To reserve a seat contact programme coordinator Njobati Sylvie 672160556 (Call, SMS, Whatsapp)
Come and be a goal getter